Monday, 15 May 2017
1d20 things in a witch's hovel
Hubble, bubble, yada yada. Here's some witchy stuff. Roll a d20.
1. Three-headed turtle with a bio-luminescent shell
2. Cat familiar (HD1/2) with one eye. Its claws are laced with arsenic
3. Bowl of curdled milk with an eyeball floating in it
4. A wooden toy depicting one of the PCs. It's sat on a table next to an assortment of knives
5. A dry cauldron with a mummified baby monkey in the bottom
6. A dead king rat hung up in the rafters
7. A blasphemous book called the Doomus Demonicus. Reading it requires an intelligence-based save or the PC goes a bit mad for 1d4 days. They are unable to talk in this time and take a disadvantage or -2 to all saving throws.
8. A statue of a devilish figure, blackened with fire. It smells of rotten egg and you swear its mouth wasn't open when you first saw it.
9. A bloated frog inflated with poison gas. Touching it releases the gas, poisoning all in the vicinity
10. A broomstick that is hovering slightly above the floor
11. A purse containing a large crab claw attached to a chain
12. A human skull with the tongue still in tact. The skull will speak of foul omens when midnight arrives
13. A staff that, if held without saying the sacred words of the black wind, turns into an adder (HD1)
14. A mirror that when held up to the back of the hovel, reveals the location of a hidden panel containing several trinkets.
15. A small box of dead bees
16. A cloak with a crow talon in the hood
17. A stuffed hare whose eyes have been replaced with that of a human. Inside the hare is a key
18. A scroll of teleport rolled up inside a hollow torch handle
19. A music box that plays a tune that hypnotises the listener (requires a wisdom save or equivalent). The hypnotised will be susceptible to the witch's mind control, should they say the word 'buzzard'. If so, they are under the thrall of the witch for 1d4 minutes.
20. A bat pinned to the wall. It is riddled with disease and if touch will disease a PC. Constitution save or equivalent required.