Sunday, 25 February 2018
D20 fantasy political regimes
1. Warlockracy - governed by elite magic users. Non magic users tend to be poorer with low prospects.
2. Drakism - taxes are collected solely for a non-ruling dragon to stop it from destroying the city.
3. Hauntocracy - governed by ghosts of previous living leaders.
4. Delverism - only adventurers are able to vote or lead
5. Shamanism - governed by a shamanic psychopomp
6. Corpsocracy - only the dead have the ability to vote. Often overseen by a necromancer
7. Magi democracy - a random person is chosen to govern annually by a mysterious floating eye.
8. Golemonarchy - the monarch is a magical construct with sentience.
9. Doomocracy - government controlled by those most able to see into the future
10. Vancian communism - an equal society where people forget about their tyrannical ruler every morning.
11. Equinism - only horse owners can be part of government. Centaurs are revered.
12. Hydrocracy - usually in desert locations. The ones with the most access to water can rule.
13. Underocracy - people living underground are governed by unseen surface rulers, usually by letter or magical means.
14. Aviocracy - only winged people can govern. Non winged people live in sky slums.
15. Goblinism - ruled by the high Gob, the one who smells worst and has the wickedest laugh.
16. Infernalism - governed by the high priest who serves a patron demon. Eventually the demon devours the priest and a new ruler is selected.
17. Killocracy - once every ten years everyone who wants to rule is let out onto the wilderness and have 10 days to survive. The remaining person becomes the ruler.
18. Bluffism - only liars may rule, anyone found to be telling the truth is exiled.
19. Arboreal monarchy - the Gunto tree produces new green monarchs who die in 120 years in an event called the Withering.
20. Foolocracy - only the biggest village idiot is able to rule