Quill: a letter-writing roleplaying game for a single player had a great 2017, winning an Indie RPG Award for best free game and growing with new supplements and contracts for translations.
I wanted to give a state of play for the game and what's coming in the future.
- Quill: Love Letters - exactly what it says on the tin. Scenarios themed around love.
- Quill: Shadow and Ink - a Lovecraftian campaign about an evil family legacy.
- Quill: White Box - brings Quill into a fantasy world. Create a class and go on adventures.
Third party supplements
- Quill: Coal and Parchment - based on Derek Kamal's Homes universe.
- Quill Quest: The Warlord's Downfall - a campaign where you must recruit adventurers to save your kingdom. Written by Tim Snider of Cryptworld fame.
For the time being, I'm not planning any new supplements until maybe Q4 due to another gaming obligation, but that's not to say that Quill will be dormant. There will be a printed German version out potentially this year, and I'll be creating an official printed English version.
There's a really interesting project going on behind the scenes designed for an educational setting based on US political history, but I'll say no more on that for the moment.
Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and donated to Quill. I never thought that it would become as popular as it has done, with the original game a platinum seller on Drivethrurpg.